Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Friday Fun

Friday I headed over to my friend Susan's store Ball and Skein. Kevin was off work, so I took the day off and went to hang out and do some spinning.

Let me tell you how freaking cool her shop is. It is in the old jail in Germantown, Ohio. It might just be me, but I love things like that. I love the fact that the town has kept it and not knocked it down for development.

Let me give you a little tour of the shop.

ETA: Here is her address for those of you that seem interested. ;)

Ball & Skein
11 North Cherry Street
Germantown, Ohio 45327

(937) 855-3211 - if you go tell her I sent you. :)

Here is the front of the building. There are windows on three sides of the front, like a sun room. I so dig the natural light.
(As always, click for bigger)


How could you resist the sheep door mat? After seeing that you just have to go in and see what else is waiting for you.


This is one of the things that you see when you first walk in. This is the old front of the jail house. I love the windows. There are at least 4 of them like this.


Here is a view out toward the front window. There are all kinds of things like this in the shop. You feel like you step back in time. It is so warm and cozy.


Another toward the front. She has yarn and books in the cute cabinet. There is goodness overflowing everywhere.


Not only is there yarn, but there is roving and fleeces! Check out how she has some of it displayed. How cool is that?!


Take a look at the models for the sweaters. Click to make it bigger. Is that not too funny?! I loved it. I was laughing so hard when I saw them. Plus Susan knit both of those sweaters! On the left is a nice selection of Cascade 220. On the right is a really good selection of Fleece Artist yarn and roving. She told me that more is on its way, including their sock yarn.


Here is more roving. In the back I believe is the Green Mountain Spinnery yarn. Look at the jail door. I love it. After Susan slammed her thumb in it, I don't think she likes it too much any more. It has been safely tucked back behind a chair and more yarn and roving so that no one else gets hurt. So how is that thumb Susan?

If anyone is in the Dayton area you might recognize the cup on the table. Yep that is from Marion's Pizza. They have some seriously yummy pizza so we had to indulge.


Here is Opal's Neon sock yarn. All the colors are so fun and bright. There is a black fleece under it, but I am not sure what it is.


I was really good and restrained myself. I only bought 2 Fleece Artist Blue Faced Leicester rovings and some wool scour to wash some fleece. I couldn't choose just one color so they both had to come home with me. I also got the latest Spin Off while I was there.


All in all it was a nice day. Friends, fiber, and good food. What more could you ask for?. We will have to do it again some day soon.

Labels: , , ,

Locations of visitors to this page