Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Do These Look Some What Familiar?? :)

Well here are the secret socks that I was making for a friend's son. I can show them now since we have revealed who had who in the ecxhange. They are made from the same Cascade Fixation that I made James' out of (different ball/dye lot).


I said that I loved this yarn and I wanted to make more of them. Well I was true to my word. :)
















I do have more of the Fixation in different variegated color ways and solids. I like the softness, stretch and cushieness of this yarn knitted up. Honestly I was a bit apprehensive at first, but once I tried it I was hooked. If you have never tried it get a ball or two and I think you will love it. It will take one ball for baby/toddler socks and two balls for adult socks. I know that my NSLYS sells it for $4.60 for the solid and $5.5o for the variegated. I think that is a really good price for sock yarn. Especially something that will be a good yarn for a child.















Here are the socks almost finished. All I need to do is the foot, the toe and then Kitchener it together. As quick as they went that part didn't take me long at all.















I really like how they look like some sort of weird zebra. Everyone that has seen them in person think that they are really cool too. Anja said that she loved them. So I am glad that they were liked and are appreciated.


On to the details:

Needles: Sz. 4 DP

Yarn: Cascade Fixation 1 ball (Black, Grey, White)

Pattern: Same as James' K1, P1 rib for cuff, plain stockinette for leg and foot, Round heel and classic toe

It is time to cast on some more of these in different sizes for James. I think that this might be my travel knitting. Small, compact and a quick knit.

I didn't get a picture of the second finished sock or a picture of it all cutely wrapped up in it's label. I was in such a hurry to get it out in the mail that I completely forgot.

Up next will be what I made for Anja and I think I will be pretty close to being up to date on my knitting.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Locations of visitors to this page