Monday, May 08, 2006

Sockapaloooza Socks Finished!!

The socks are finished in the mail and Jennifer has already received them and left me a lovely comment on them. I had a blast making them and would love to be involved in the next one.

During this I found a new sock yarn. Lorna's Laces! I had heard people talking about it and how much they loved it, so I thought that I would give it a try. Oh My! I never thought that it would be so nice to work with. I have a new love. The next socks that I knit will defiantly be from Lorna's Laces. I enjoyed knitting with it so much that I couldn't wait to do the next sock. Normally I dread the second sock. Of course I am going to be making a pair out of Malabrigo so I am positive that I will love that too. :)

On to the pictures and specs. of the socks.










Materials:

2 Skeins Lorna's Laces Shepherds Sock in the Mt. Creek color way.
Size 2 Addi Turbo 60" Circular Needles

Sock pattern is the Jay Walker from MagKnits. I used the biggest size of Casting on 84 stitches. I worked it from the cuff down. I did everything by the pattern, other than the length of the sock, I just played that by ear. No other modifications. I was very happy with the way that they turned out. I am going to have to make me a pair of them soon. I am a tight knitter, so I used ALL of both skeins for the socks. I am glad that my sock pal liked them as well.

Locations of visitors to this page