Friday, December 29, 2006

FO #1

Here is the first FO that I had promised in my last post.

It is a little hat made for a new baby in the family. We had a mini baby shower and Christmas celebration wrapped up together. I was afraid that it wouldn't go over well and my fears came to fruition.

It was taken out of the little bag it was lovingly wrapped in and looked at for a second then tossed aside with not even a thank you. I had spent many hours working on it and it was my own pattern. I wanted something nice for them, but obviously they didn't feel the same. The grandmother to be thanked me for it and all the work that I put into it. I guess at least one person appreciated it.
















Sadly the only person that they thanked was my Aunt and Uncle. I believe that was because they had bought them a stroller and a few other things. So it seems that it is the price and size of the gift that counts not the thought for them. That is sad since they really don't have very much. You would think that they would appreciate anything that they got, but I guess not.













At least I know that my blog friends know the amount of work that goes into something like this. As well as my Mom and a few other of my family members.



I guess it is time for me to stop complaining and give you the details of the hat.

Needles: Sz. 2 DP
Yarn: Dale Baby Ull in Bright Blue and Green
Pattern: Made up as I went (fair isle pattern of k 2 blue, k2 green around next rows shift pattern to the left by 1 stitch).

It came out better than I thought it would and I was quite happy with it. It is really cute. Not quite sure if i will make another one. I need to work out some problems with the decrease sections. Guess it is time to get out the graph paper.

Well I have some more FO for you later. I can safely say that they got better receptions. ;)

Labels: , , , ,

Locations of visitors to this page