Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I've Been Keeping a Secret - Hoosier Hill Fiberarts Festival

I have been keeping a secret that I have been wanting to share with you. I have had to wait until the time is right and I was allowed to reveal it. Can you guess what I am talking about???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No I am not pregnant!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It is THIS!!! I am so excited about it.


On to more pictures from the Hoosier Hills Fiberarts Festival.

There was sheep shearing. It was a bit nerve racking watching the sheep. It kept moving and I was nervous that it was going to get stabbed with the points of the scissors. It was a warm day so I know that the sheep had to feel better after it all, but the process didn't seem to be going smoothly. The sheep didn't want to cooperate.



This is a shot down one of the isles in Scott Hall. It was full of vendors.



I had to get a picture of these rugs. They were made from braided strips of roving. They were so neat. I just loved the colors that she had too.



Here is a rainbow sample of some of the yarns that were there. It just amazes me the different colors that you can get depending on the process that you use.



Susan is drooling over the Alpaca at Frontier. We were all loving this booth. The yarns and rovings were so nice.



This is a quick picture if The Trading Post. I made my first purchase here. You will have to wait until later to see what I got there.




Look at all that fleece. Different Things Farm had a wonderful selection. How does one choose from all that???



Finally here are 3 of us that met up. Susan and her friend Heather were no where to be found. I can't speak for them, but I had a blast. I am hoping to do it again next year. The dates for next year are already posted, so let me know if you are interested in meeting. I think I will try and get there on Friday.

With the smiles on all our faces it looks like we were having a good time, or maybe it was all the wool fumes.? =)

From left to right: Me, Beth and Kelli.

Labels: , ,

Locations of visitors to this page