Sunday, January 08, 2006

SP7 Q&A

Here are my answers to the SP7 questions. If there is anything that I have missed that you want to know, just leave a comment or send me an email and I will do my best to answer it and give you the info that you want.

I am so excited! This is my first SP and I can't wait to get my match so I can get my first package together.



1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

I prefer natural fibers like wool, cotton, I really LOVE alpaca, but I am not opposed to the others.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I have spun before. I need to get back on it. I have drop spindles and such. I am not the most skilled in it. Have tried crochet and it just didn't toot my horn.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have some of my straight and circular needles in holders from Lantern Moon, but nothing for my DP's. I keep any thing not in the cases in their original packaging.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been seriously knitting just over a year. I started about 3 years ago and taught myself by doing a pair of socks, after that I put it up and didn't get it back out until I found out I was pregnant. I was told about a LYS that I never knew existed just down the road from me and I haven't turned back since. My LYS has me addicted. :) I guess I would say that I am intermediate. I can do some Fair Isle, Socks, Cables and other general knitting skills, but there is so much more out there to learn.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes Amazon. Also anything from my LYS, she will even do gift cards just give her a call.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Vanilla, linen fresh, clean scents, cinnamon. Please no floral scents they drive my allergies crazy.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes, chocolate - dark (semi-sweet) chocolate is my favorite, or white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.... Yummm

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Scrap booking and many more, but I am trying to stay with the knitting/spinning again and scrapbooking for the time being.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Country, Pop (not the boy band type stuff), classical, pretty much anything. As far as I know my computer will play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like red, blue, earth tones. Not really into pastels or pink or purple. But I am making my Mom a purple sweater :)

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with a baby boy who just turned 1 on 1-1-06. We have 2 labs (1 white and 1 black), black cat, love bird and fish.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I make more than I wear. It has to be pretty darn cold for me to dress in a lot of clothing like that. Normally a coat is just fine for me. Please no ponchos.... I just don't get the poncho craze.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Alpaca, Malabrigo, Reynolds Frisky, Lorna's Laces, Stork and Cascade 220 and many more. Haven't found anything that I really don't like.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Anything that is rough whether it be a natural or man made fiber.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Fair Isle, Magic Loop Socks, baby/toddler - sniff, sniff :'( clothes.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks, Fair Isle - 2 handed and clothing for my Son.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Quite a bit see left side of blog for the list. What I currently have in my hands is my Niece's pink shrug.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes of course!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Depends on the needle and the project. If I do use straight I LOVE the Lantern Moon Needles, if I use circular I use the Addi Turbo.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Wood then bamboo then aluminum.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No but they are on my list :). Doesn't have to be the exact ones on the list.

22. How did you learn to knit?

Taught myself with a book then decided I wanted to learn more and took classes.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Oh gee, I haven't a clue, but I know it is OLD. At least 3 years.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Animated character is Mickey Mouse.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

My Son's Birthday, Christmas and Halloween

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Of course yarn. Anything that I can add to my stash and books. I love books on knitting.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None, but would like one to Interweave Knits, Simply Knitting or anything my SP thinks is good.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Books are on my Amazon list, other than that I can't really think of anything. A yarn I would like to try would be the Mango Moon Recycled Silk. I would like the patter for the Panta that I have seen on a few knitting blogs. It looks really neat! I would like to try and make one.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Moebius and Brioche or any thing else that I haven't mentioned here.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. I wear an 8 1/2 wide. If you need specifics just let me know.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

February 1

Locations of visitors to this page