Thursday, September 04, 2008

Sweet Baby Cap and Matching Socks

I was going through my bloglines and realized that there are quite a few posts that I have uploaded pictures of, but never posted. So some of these might be on the older side, but they are still knitting content right?

A friend and his wife were having a baby so if course I had to knit them something. They decided that they weren't going to find out what sex the baby was going to be until that day of the birth. Hence the green and yellow.

This is the sweet baby cap and matching socks made from Baby Ull. I loved the way that they turned out. They are adorable in person.


We took the package over the next day and both mother and father were amazed by the gifts. They so appreciated that I took my time to make something for their little dear. Honestly I had a great time knitting them and since they are baby sized they knit up quickly.


I am sure some of you are wondering what they had. A baby of course. ;) It was a little girl! And boy did she have her daddy already wrapped around her finger. I have never seen him like that. He had a nickname of 2 grit (like the sand paper). He had a bit of a rough personality, but once you got to know him he was a sweet guy, even though that little girl has her daddy's heart from the moment she was born. It was so cute to see them together.


I am so glad that I decided to make something for them. I know that they really appreciated it. Wish I would have gotten a picture of her in them, but as you all know you never wake a sleeping baby. :)

Labels: ,

Locations of visitors to this page