Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Knitting Content!! and a Contest!!

CONTEST INFO ->

My friend Rita over at Keeping Knit Simple is having a contest. All you have to do is leave a comment on her blog. If you would please let her know that I sent you I would appreciate it. Hurry over and leave your comment it is open until September 6th.


On to the Knitting.....

Can you believe it? I have knitting to show you!! Yep it is true, I have been one with the needles and yarn. Granted it has been mostly socks and small baby items, but it is still knitting none the less.

I will start off with my Olympic project. I have had the kit for the Marie Antoinette socks for quite a while now. I absolutely love Anne Hanson's/Knitspot designs. If you have never knit any of her things, run over and order a pattern or 5 and get knitting.

With never knitting lace before I felt that they would be quite a challenge for me and would take up most of the 2 weeks. I can say that I was wrong. The pattern was wrote so well and was so much easier than I originally thought that it took me less than a week! That was with them being ripped out many times for stupid mistakes that I made.



They just lack something just laying there. They are so pretty all stretched out to where you can clearly see the bees and hives.





I am excited to be able to wear them this fall and winter. I have a problem though.... what type of shoes do I wear with them? I am guessing some type of clogs, but I am not sure. I want to be able to show off how pretty they are. I guess I will figure that out when it is closer to cooler weather and I can stand to have socks on my feet.



There are more picture and knitting to come. Stay tuned. :)

Labels: , , , ,

Locations of visitors to this page