Friday, September 07, 2007

Knitted to a T - Explained

I know that some of you have been wondering where the name I used for Ravelry "Knitted to a T" came from. Well I am now going to let you in on it.

It all started about a year ago. I had some graphics made up for some things that I was selling on Etsy and for items that I was giving as gifts. I had 2 different ones. The first one I used for my Etsy store at the time. (The 4 sheep "Knits for Ewe") The second one I had some big plans for. (Knitted to a T) It has been a long time in the making. Scraping up money to get things done, moving into a new house, Kevin wanting to finish out part of the basement and so on.

Finally things have been falling into place and I can't keep the secret any longer. I have wanted to tell you all for such a long time, but didn't want to say anything until I had things set in stone better.

I would like to introduce you to Knitted to a T yarns!! Squeeeee!!! I am so excited!!!!

I am currently making self striping yarns and will have them in Kona Merino Fingering & DK, Bamboo/Merino/Nylon Fingering and BFL Fingering!! I will also have some rovings as well. Currently I have Merino SW, BFL SW and BFL that need to be dyed up. They will be dyed in 4oz bundles, so there will be a good amount to spin.

I am currently working on a web site as well. Hopefully it will be ready not too far down the road. I have some fun planned for the web site as well. I want to give my first customer to the site a prize as well as my 50th customer (can be a repeat customer) and 50th new customer, etc. I will keep you all in the loop and let you know when I launch the site.

Below are some examples of what I have been dyeing.

From Left to right: Angela* & Carnival in Kona Merino - Carnival & Angela* in Bamboo/Merino/Nylon - all are 500 yd skeins in fingering weight

Angela* in Kona - 500 yds fingering weight - $25.00 SOLD! THANKS!!


Carnival in Kona - 500 yds fingering weight


Angela* in Bamboo/Merino/Nylon - 500 yds fingering weight


Carnival in Bamboo/Merino/Nylon - 500 yds fingering weight


Here is a final shot of some more yarn drying. Oh I have so much more to show you all. I hope to have more dyed up tomorrow while James takes a nap, but you all know how a toddler can change your plans. ;)


Have a lovely weekend. I have a birthday party to go to on Saturday, but I plan to dye as much as I can. :)

*50% of all sale proffits of Angela go to my cousin. She is battling kidney cancer with 3 young kids and a husband. She does have insurance, but they are refusing to pay for most of her treatment. This is my way to help her and her family.

Labels: , , ,

Locations of visitors to this page