Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Update

Time flies when you are having fun......

I have been taking the Magic Loop Sock Class the past 2 Saturdays. I am as far as the turning of the heel. I have to wait until this Saturday to pick up the heel stitches and the rest of it. I can't wait to get the first sock done. I am quite excited to see how it turns out.

I have picked up a few skeins of Berroco Chinchilla one in Pink and one in Dark Red. Also I got a skein of Esprit in Purple. I am going to be making chemo hats out of them. I have the dk. red one almost finished, unfortunately I ran out and need another skein. So I guess either Thursday since I will be on that side of town or Saturday after class I will need to get a few more skeins.

I am working on my second glove. I am almost to the point of making the hole for the thumb. They seem to move along rather quick for the size yarn and needles that I am using. I am pleasantly surprised. I have gotten quite a few positive comments on them. My Mom and MIL both want a pair, so I might be in the glove making business LOL.

I have James' Fair Isle sweater as far as I can go until I have class. Christina asked me to go ahead and do the bottom ribbing and such that I could and knew how to do so that I didn't have to waste time in class doing that and I could start out on the pattern once class got rolling. I am so excited about this sweater! I really didn't want to put it down. I really wish that I knew what I was doing so that I could go ahead and work on it. The class isn't until the end of the month and I think it is going to kill me having to wait. Guess I shouldn't have started it so soon, but I wanted to make sure that I had what I was supposed to have done by the time class was here.

James' Pull Over Sweater has to be frogged. His head is to big to fit into the head opening. Needless to say I have to frog it and re-swatch so I can make sure that it will fit over his head. What good is a sweater if you can't get it over his head?. Glad that I checked before I went to far on it.

I have 3 blocks finished for my Afghan. I haven't started another one yet. I guess that I need to get on that and add it to my list of things that need to be worked on and finished.

I haven't touched the Cabled Shrug or James' cargo pants in a while. I figure that after all the classes are said and done I will get back to the shrug. I am hoping after I finish the second glove that I can get the cargo pants busted out so that maybe James can wear them this winter and spring. Only time will tell on these two.

Well that is all I have for now. I need to go fold some laundry and head off to bed. Good Night all.

Locations of visitors to this page