Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Thank You

I would like to thank all of you for your kind words that you have left me. It really means a lot to know that others know what you are going through and feel the same way about their pets.

He was a very special dog. I can NEVER replace him. It was so unfortunate that his life was cut so short. But I would rather he went in his sleep like he did than to suffer.

I have been asked what actually happened. We really don't know. He went to sleep that night and didn't wake up. I didn't take him to the vet when I found him that morning. There was nothing that the vet could do at that point unless he was a miracle worker. I just wanted Leon to be able to rest in peace and not to have him cut open with his organs all over the place. I just couldn't sand the idea of taking him all the way to the vet just for that. I know with pure breeds there are so many problems with them so I figure that it was his heart and it was weak. I have talked to the vet and they feel that it was a heart attack as well. So there was really nothing that could have prevented it from happening if it was going to happen.

He had a very spoiled life. He was such a good dog and was my baby. He slept on the couch, bed, or anywhere else that he wanted to. We didn't do much table food since I know it really isn't the best for them, but he did get the occasional soft food in a can for a special treat. He was kind, gentle, caring and just always knew how I was feeling inside even if I didn't show it on the outside. He was an amazing dog and I will never find another one like him. I miss him so much!

I still have days and moments that are bad where I just break down and cry. I still carry the heaviness in my heart and chest. It is just so hard sometimes. In a way I think it is harder to loose a pet since they are depending on you for their health and safety and when something happens you feel as if you have failed them. I know that is how I feel about Leon. I feel as if I failed him in some way. I know that heart attacks will happen no matter how well you take care of them, but it is just hard to convince myself that I did everything for him that I could.

Well I will stop rambling now. Thanks to everyone that left me a comment, sent me an email or I saw. It means a lot knowing that others feel the same way about their animals and don't think that I am completely crazy. Thanks - it means a lot to me.

Locations of visitors to this page