Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Fair Isle Progress

Here is a recent picture of the progress that I have made on James' fair isle sweater.

The pattern wants you to do the body completely in the round then steek it for the sleeves. I don't know about you, but cutting my knitting scares me. So I went the safe route and have split it. I will do the front and back upper chest/neck separately then will add the sleeves in. I know that many people steek their sweaters and such, but I am still scared of it. I could just see something horrible happening to it.

I am now working on the upper chest fair isle on my first side. I still have it to finish, the second side and both sleeves. So I still have a way to go before I can call it finished. At least there is some progress on it.


Fair Isle for James

Locations of visitors to this page